If you are interested in a career at Rembrandt Foods please email us and include a resume.
all careers »
Purchasing Manager - Food, Packaging & General
Direct and manage the purchasing functions for multiple locations at Rembrandt production and further processing plants. Develop vendor relationships to create supply chain efficiencies that optimize operational performance. Develop and implement RFQ program for specific raw material and packaging suppliers. Manage inventories in Batchmaster or comparable system and develop and manage MRP for the further processing plants. Negotiate master contracts with suppliers, where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and implement purchasing strategies, policies and procedures
- Develop relationships with vendors to understand and develop strategic purchasing opportunities
- Work with QA on specifications for vendors
- Coordinate with plant managers and QA personnel to address quality and production needs
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system
Inquire about this job
- Bachelor degree in business or supply chain management
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience purchasing food ingredients and packaging
- Minimum of 3-7 years' experience managing procurement functions
- Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements in a fast-paced environment
Rembrandt Enterprises ©2013, 877-344-4055, All Rights Reserved